The purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) is to EVANGELIZE boys and girls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, DISCIPLE them in God’s Word, and CONNECT them to a local church.
One way CEF fulfills this purpose is through Good News Club during the school year. These clubs are located in public schools, daycare centers, boys & girls clubs, and where a group of children can attend on a regular basis.
See more about Child Evangelism Fellowship Georgia on their website.
Our purpose is to reach kids with the love of God, help them understand and live by the principles of scripture and connect them to a local church family. The window of opportunity is small with 85% of all believers coming to understand and accept God’s love before the age of 15.
What We Believe About Children
- Every child is a unique and special creation of God, made in His image and born with a purpose to fulfill.
- Every child wants to succeed and to fulfill his or her purpose and destiny.
- Children need to have character development as part of the educational process. Honesty, respect for authority, tolerance of others, treating others as you would want to be treated, the value of hard work, and never giving up are just a few of the character traits we emphasize in our materials.
- Children need to be equipped with tools that will help them make good life decisions and without these tools deeply rooted in a child’s being, all society pays a heavy price.
- Children are not only our future but our present, and generations to follow will show whether we have adequately invested in them.
Did you know?
“2/3 of Christians came to faith before the age of 18 and 43% came to Christ before the age 12.”* With these overwhelming statistics and parents concern over the lasting effects of the pandemic on their children, we have an enormous mission field open to reach children with the Gospel of Jesus. With 80 public elementary schools, we can reach over 55,000 students in grades two-five alone!
Other Common Questions
Is it legal? Yes.
U.S. Supreme Court Ruling
Good News Club v. Milford Central School District June 11, 2001
It is legal to allow Good News Club® to meet in school facilities.
On June 11, 2001, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that Child Evangelism Fellowship® could have access to public school facilities to conduct Good News Clubs. The decision stated that Bible clubs such as the Good News Club must be given the same access to school facilities accorded any other non-school-related outside group.
What is your statement of Faith? View the full statement here
We are part of Child Evangelism Fellowship, a Bible-centered, worldwide organization founded by Jesse Irvin Overholtzer in 1937. The ministry has grown into the largest evangelistic outreach to children in the world reaching 19.9 million children with the clear message of Christ.
*”Evangelism Is Most Effective Among Kids.” Brana Group, 2009.https://www.barna.com/research/evangelism-is-most-effective-among-kids/ (accessed April 22, 2019).
*“Kids and Salvation Survey.” Ministry-To-Children, 2019. https://forms.gle/yz6FkME67Py1qSqf7 (accessed April 22, 2019).